Wellness is being in good physical and mental health.
Because mental health and physical health are linked, problems in one area can impact the other. At the same time, improving your physical health can also benefit your mental health and vice versa.
It is important to make healthy choices for both your physical and mental well-being.
What Are the Eight Dimensions of Wellness?
1) Emotional: Coping effectively with life and creating satisfying relationships.
2) Financial: Satisfaction with current and future financial situations.
3) Intellectual: Recognizing creative abilities and finding ways to expand knowledge and skills
4) Occupational: Personal satisfaction and enrichment from one’s work.
5) Physical: Recognizing the need for physical activity, healthy foods, and sleep.
6) Social: Developing a sense of connection, belonging, and a well-developed support system
7 )Spiritual: Expanding a sense of purpose and meaning in life
8) Environmental: Good health by occupying pleasant, stimulating environments that support the well-being