Wellness is being in good physical and mental health.
Because mental health and physical health are linked, problems in one area can impact the other. At the same time, improving your physical health can also benefit your mental health and vice versa.
It is important to make healthy choices for both your physical and mental well-being.
What Are the Eight Dimensions of Wellness?
1) Emotional: Coping effectively with life and creating satisfying relationships.
2) Financial: Satisfaction with current and future financial situations.
3) Intellectual: Recognizing creative abilities and finding ways to expand knowledge and skills
4) Occupational: Personal satisfaction and enrichment from one’s work.
5) Physical: Recognizing the need for physical activity, healthy foods, and sleep.
6) Social: Developing a sense of connection, belonging, and a well-developed support system
7 )Spiritual: Expanding a sense of purpose and meaning in life
Sound Baths are an ancient form of deep meditation that includes various ambient sounds played by an instructor. The instructor uses a variety of different traditional crystal bowls, gemstone bowls, cymbals, and gongs during a sound bath to create repetitive sounds.
These sounds are notes at different frequencies that help enhance and guide you through your whole meditative experience.
SOUND BATHING REDUCES STRESS AND ANXIETY
The sounds created by the particular instruments used during a sound bath are meant to activate the alpha and theta brain waves which are associated with deep meditative and peaceful states. These brain states develop a more conducive space for healing the body, heart, and respiratory rate.
Additionally, new benefits have been discovered on binaural beats, This is when two tones with slightly different frequencies are played at the same time. Binaural beats have the potential to incresively reduce anxiety.